Herpes is commonly called sexually transmitted diseases. It is a mild recurrent skin condition that is caused by the virus called the HSV or Herpes Simplex Virus. There are two types of herpes: genital herpes and oral herpes.
Oral Herpes : Oral Herpes is caused by HSV-1 usually which results in cold sores or blisters around the mouth. These herpes is infected during young adulthood or childhood without sexual contact. Most people will not show any symptoms.
Genital Herpes: Genital Herpes is due to STD from two kinds of viruses. They are called HSV-1 Herpes Simplex Virus type 1 and HSV-2 Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2.
Facts about Herpes
Oral Herpes is found in more than 50% of American Adults. And about one out of eight people get infected with genital HSV-2 infection in the age group 14 to 49. However, most people will not understand what they are going through. There will be mild symptoms that are not noticeable or mistaken as something else.
Genital herpes is getting spread more, now a day. You get genital herpes through anal, vaginal or oral sex from someone infected. When you come into contact with a herpes virus-infected person, you get infected through:
- A herpes sore,
- A person with oral herpes infects through saliva and genital secretions if your partner has genital herpes,
- The skin of the oral area if the partner has oral herpes or skin of the genital area if the partner has genital herpes.
Key facts about Genital Herpes
- If counted, every one person out of three adults have this virus.
- Apart from humiliation and embarrassment, sores get infected on other parts of their body.
- Infected women are on high risk if she is pregnant, it passes to their baby who may die from herpes.
- Eventually, herpes weakens the infected person’s immune system by putting them at the highest risk of other diseases like Hepatitis, meningitis and other STD like Aids.
- Herpes puts also women at a higher risk of cervical cancer.
- The emotional impact on diagnosed persons with genital herpes is much worse than other conditions.
- Effective herpes treatment is available for those symptoms that are problematic.
- Even the oral herpes is passed through genital contact and up to 50% of the genital herpes infection comes with oral cold sire kind of herpes simplex.
- The symptoms of this herpes very extremely. They may show up as sores or blisters. They also produce mild rashes. All the symptoms appear on back, fingers, thigh and genital areas.
- Even if there are no symptoms present, the virus can pass to other people.
- Using condoms can reduce the risk of getting infected with the herpes virus but it does not eliminate.
- Taking medicines daily prevents the recurrence of infection and also reduces the risk of passing the virus to your partner.
- Getting infected with genital herpes cannot be the only reason behind cervical cancer.
- Once you get herpes virus infection, you are not going to get rid of it.
- A blood test is a way to check you are infected or not. Fluids can also be taken to test the herpes virus.
- Even though symptoms do not appear, those viruses remain in any nearby nerve.
- There are medications to control the virus without becoming more severe.
- Contracting with genital herpes can be avoided through; staying celibate, limiting the number of sex or monogamy, using condoms, avoid sec who have sore on their genitals and do test your partner for genital herpes.
- The symptoms of the recurrent outbreak will be the same as the primary outbreak but as your body knows the virus and build on immune response, usually they are shorter and not severe.